Here are the ten most popular articles on the Launch Grow Joy website that focus on how to start an online business.
- Branding 101
- What should your priorities be when you are first starting your business?
- Ten things I learned from starting a business
- How to choose between 25 popular ecommerce platforms
- 10 tips for starting a t-shirt company
- The best way to define your target market
- How to price your products
- Consignment, wholesale or dropshipping – which one is right for you?
- Why I am closing my business
- How to get your product idea to market
Trying to decide what ecommerce platform to choose?
I’ve been selling online since 2007 and I’ve tested and tried my fair share of ecommerce platforms. To run my online t-shirt store and my online soap store, I used BigCommerce. I love BigCommerce and I highly recommend it, but for the last year or so I’ve become a huge fan of Shopify. Here are a few reasons why I love it so much:
- It’s super easy to set up and maintain. You don’t need to know any fancy coding language or even have ninja design skills. You can pick one of their free templates, plug in your text and images and you’re ready to launch!
- It’s very innovative and up to date with the latest trends in ecommerce – whether you want to start selling on Pinterest and Facebook, have your sales taxes automatically calculated (yes, they do that!), have a blog for your online store (which I highly recommend), they’ve got you covered!
- It’s got all of the features you could ever want, without all the hassles. You can offer discount codes, set up an abandoned shopping cart sequence (did you know that more than 70% of shopping carts are abandoned?), up-sell and cross-sell and integrate with hundreds of apps, so you can add virtually any features you need in your online store!
I’ve worked with many entrepreneurs who started out on other platforms (WordPress with WooCommerce, ZenCart, SquareSpace, etc.), and when they finally made the switch to Shopify, they couldn’t believe how much easier everything was!
If you’re happy with your own online store or if you’re looking to test out a new platform, I’ve set up a special deal with Shopify just for you. Click the button below and enter your info and I’ll send you a special link with an amazing offer (I can’t tell you what it is yet – but I guarantee you’ll love it!).