How would it feel to see your products featured on the pages of your favorite magazine?
Do you think that a feature could bring more traffic to your website? More newsletter subscribers? More social media followers? And, more sales?
The answer is a resounding YES!
While magazine publicity may seem like a marketing strategy for brands with big budgets and PR firms behind them, you'd be surprised to know that YOUR BRAND, yes YOUR BRAND, can also get featured in magazines. For FREE!
If you've been following me for a while or if you've listened to my free online training you probably have heard me say that your success with publicity depends on this ONE thing:
SENDING THE RIGHT PITCH TO THE RIGHT PERSON AT THE RIGHT TIME!
At the beginning of each month, you'll find a brand new post outlining what types of products magazine editors are looking for that month.
My goal is to make getting your products featured in magazines as easy for you as possible!
As you know, magazines start looking for products 3 – 6 months in advance, so you have to plan accordingly.
What types of products are magazine editors looking for in June?
There are two types of magazines that you may want to consider pitching your products to: NATIONAL magazines and REGIONAL/LOCAL magazines.
In June, NATIONAL magazines are working on their NOVEMBER issue. Here are the types of products they typically cover in November:
- Thanksgiving – anything that is related to home decor, gifts, food…
- Holiday entertaining – since the holidays are right around the corner, any products that are related to December holidays are also covered in their November issue
- Holiday gifts – some magazines will have a November gift guide (in addition to their December one), so any products that make a great gift for the holidays are a good fit for this issue
- Cold weather products – this includes beauty products, cold weather gear and fashion, outdoor products to keep you warm…
In June, REGIONAL/LOCAL magazines are working on their AUGUST issue. Here are the types of products they typically cover in August:
- Summer weddings – anything wedding related, including food, apparel, accessories, vacations, gifts, jewelry, etc.
- Summer travel – anything related to travel, including gear, accessories, clothing, tools, tech, etc.
- Outdoor entertaining – this can include home decor, food, stationery, party supplies, furniture, gifts for the hostess, and any products that help to beat the heat
- Summer-to-fall fashion – now that beach season is almost over, they are looking for fashion that transitions from summer to fall
Your pitch plan for June might look something like this:
- Week 1 – pitch national magazines for November
- Week 2 – pitch regional/local magazines for August
- Week 3 – follow up with national magazines
- Week 4 – follow up with regional/local magazines
If you are not yet a member of Media Leads, make sure to sign up so you can see all of these opportunities directly. With Media Leads, you'll know exactly who to pitch, what to pitch and when to pitch it for maximum results.
I can't wait to see your products on the pages of your favorite magazine!